About the Program
Some participants use the Summer Study program as a study retreat, making use of the Divinity School library and quiet reflection on the quad. The world-class Yale Library system is open to visitors. Operating hours for all libraries are available here. Explore the Yale libraries and collections, services, and research tools at http://web.library.yale.edu/.
Many visitors spend time exploring New Haven’s cultural institutions, and discovering the resurgent restaurant scene.
The Summer Study program has no overall cost. All costs are directly associated with the courses or special events chosen by the participant. Payment is accepted online by credit card or by check.
Check out the following links for ideas on how to make the most of your stay in New Haven.
- Coffee & tea service will be available each day in the 2nd Floor Common Room from 7:45 am until 3:00 pm.
- 7:30 am to Noon Mondays
- Registration and packet pick-up - Sarah Smith Gallery (just inside front entrance) If you arrive late, check in at Development Office on the 2nd Floor.
- 11:45 am Mondays - welcome ceremony in Marquand Chapel and opening remarks and lunch in the Common Room with Dean Gregory Sterling and staff
- Noon Weekdays - Community Lunch (All are Welcome) - 2nd Floor Common Room
- 6:00 pm Tuesdays - Wine and cheese reception - 1st Floor Student Lounge (next to the mailboxes); Please sign-up for the reception when registering for classes online.
- 11:45 am to Noon Tues-Fri - Community Prayer - Nouwen Chapel
If an instructor has provided a class syllabus, book list, or required readings, those resources are listed at the bottom of the individual class page on our Class Listings pages. Click on the name of the class to see the full class description and any resources. Many instructors prefer to email information directly to their class roster or to hand it out on the first day of class.
The Divinity School Student Book Supply is open during Summer Study with great resources available for you including popular books on religious topics, our own Divinity faculty publications, and even pens, paper, and usb drives.
|TBA||June 4 - 8||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|TBA||June 4 - 8||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
|TBA||June 11 - 15||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|TBA||June 11 - 15||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
The Divinity School building will be open from 7:00am until 6:30pm. A valid campus ID is required to access the building after hours.
Yale Campus Map: http://map.yale.edu/
Divinity Library Summer Hours: 8:30am to 4:50pm
Summer Study participants are invited to explore the Divinity Library resources during the open hours, but a valid Yale Net ID is required to check out materials.
To connect to Yale WiFi:
- Open your wireless settings and choose the netweork “YaleGuest.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to press the acceptance/ok/continue button.
- You will now be connected to the Yale Guest wifi signal.
If you have difficulty connecting, please try a different web browser or ask Summer Study staff for assistance.
There are no computer stations available for summer use on campus. You must bring your own laptop or tablet. Library computers are for research only.
Currently there is no open printing option for Summer Study participants. If you have a small, one-off print job, please contact Summer Study staff or visit the Yale Divinity Library for assistance.
Full refunds are provided up to one week prior to the close of registration.
Half refunds are provided during the five working days prior to the close of registration.
No refunds can be provided after the close of registration. This includes the cost of the lunch program as well as class costs.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Contact us for more information if you need to cancel your registration.