About the Program
Some participants use the Summer Study program as a study retreat, making use of the Divinity School library and quiet reflection on the quad. The world-class Yale Library system is open to visitors. Operating hours for all libraries are available here. Explore the Yale libraries and collections, services, and research tools at http://web.library.yale.edu/.
Many visitors spend time exploring New Haven’s cultural institutions, and discovering the resurgent restaurant scene.
The Summer Study program has no overall cost. All costs are directly associated with the courses or special events chosen by the participant. Payment is accepted online by credit card or by check.
Check out the following links for ideas on how to make the most of your stay in New Haven.
- Coffee & tea service will be available each day in the 2nd Floor Common Room from 7:45 am until 3:30 pm.
- 7:30 am to Noon Mondays
- Registration and packet pick-up - Sarah Smith Gallery (just inside front entrance) If you arrive late, check in at Development Office on the 2nd Floor.
- Noon Weekdays - Community Lunch (All are Welcome) - 2nd Floor Common Room
- 6:00 pm Tuesdays - Wine and cheese reception - 2nd Floor Common Room; Please sign-up for the reception when registering for classes online.
- 11:45 am to Noon Tues-Fri - Community Prayer - Nouwen Chapel
If an instructor has provided a class syllabus, book list, or required readings, those resources are listed at the bottom of the individual class page on our Class Listings pages. Click on the name of the class to see the full class description and any resources. Many instructors prefer to email information directly to their class roster or to hand it out on the first day of class.
The Divinity School Student Book Supply is open during Summer Study with great resources available for you including popular books on religious topics, our own Divinity faculty publications, and even pens, paper, and usb drives.
|D01 Biblical Values||June 5 - 9||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|D02 Book of Revelation||June 5 - 9||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|D03 Preaching the Resurrection||June 5 - 9||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|D04 Early Christian Spirituality for Today||June 5 - 9||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|D05 Theology of Howard Thurman||June 5 - 9||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|D06 Bible through Art and Artifact I||June 5 - 9||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
|D07 Johann Sebastian Bach||June 5 - 9||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
|D08 Trauma, Moral Injury, Crisis Ministry||June 5 - 9||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
|D09 Christianity in China||June 5 - 9||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
|WK1 Workshop Communicating Strategically||June 6||4:30 - 6 PM||Common Room|
|D10 Old Testament in the New||June 12 - 16||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|D11 Jonathan Edwards and the Enlightenment||June 12 - 16||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|D12 Getting a Word In||June 12 - 16||9 - 11:30 AM||TBA|
|D13 Bread||June 12 - 16||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
|D14 Ministry, Mindfulness, Well-Being||June 12 - 16||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
|D15 Creativity, Innovation, Entrepreneurialism||June 12 - 16||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
|D16 Reading Poetry Theology||June 12 - 16||1:30 - 4 PM||TBA|
|WKI Workshop Funding Future Ministry||June 13||4:30 - 6 PM||Common Room|
The Divinity School building will be open from 7:00am until 6:30pm. A valid campus ID is required to access the building after hours.
Yale Campus Map: http://map.yale.edu/
Divinity Library Summer Hours: 8:30am to 4:50pm
To connect to Yale WiFi:
- Open your wireless settings and choose the netweork “YaleGuest.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to press the acceptance/ok/continue button.
- You will now be connected to the Yale Guest wifi signal.
If you have difficulty connecting, please try a different web browser or ask Summer Study staff for assistance.
There are no computer stations available for summer use on campus. You must bring your own laptop or tablet. Library computers are for research only.
- Location – Room L109 – Back Corner of Room – Clearly Marked
- System – PC , Windows 10
- Capabilities – Internet , MS Word , Adobe Reader, Printing
- Login – Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- Login Name and Password provided by your professor as needed.
- You will need a flash (thumb) drive. If you forgot yours, a few are available in our Bookstore
Once logged in you can print or logon to your email account via Internet Explorer to either download or print a file.
Since this is a community computer, please keep in mind the following:
- All file saving to either the documents folder or the desktop has been disabled. If you need to save your work, please save to your flash drive.
- Be considerate of others. This is the only print station available to the summer program. Please consider doing any extensive document work on your own laptop.
Help & Support –
If help or support is needed, please contact Tim or Bob in office L110, right next to this computer lab.
Full refunds are provided up to one week prior to the close of registration.
Half refunds are provided during the five working days prior to the close of registration.
No refunds can be provided after the close of registration. This includes the cost of the lunch program as well as class costs.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Contact us for more information if you need to cancel your registration.